Notes/Domino 7.0.3 Maintenance Release (MR) - Top 20 List
October 17, 2007
Notes/Domino 7.0.3 is our 3rd Maintenance Release on top of release 7.0. This release is primarily a bug fix release but also contains a small number of enhancements. To read more about the enhancements, please review the following software announcement: 7.0.3 announcement
Notes/Domino 7.0.3 is designed, tested, and supported across the 7.0 extended product family. The extended product family includes:
Lotus Instant Messaging (Sametime®)
Lotus Web Conferencing (Sametime)
Lotus Team Workplace (QuickPlace™)
Lotus Domino Document Manager (Domino.Doc®)
Lotus Workplace Web Content Management
We have fixed approximately 1600 bugs in Notes/Domino 7.0.3. The following is a list of the Top 20 problems fixed in this MR. This list was compiled to identify the problems that most significantly impact our customers. We measure the SPR's by Severity level, number of hotfixes given out, number of customers reporting the problem and business impact to customers. This criteria helps us identify the most important issues impacting our customers.
1. There are 8 fixes below with a plus symbol (+) before the SPR number. This symbol indicates fixes for regression bugs. A regression bug is a bug that was introduced in a Maintenance Release that did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in R7.0.2 but did not exist in R7.0 is a regression.
2. Technote Numbers are displayed in parenthesis following the fix description.
IBM Lotus Domino Web Access
- +SPR# COLY6Y2J3Q - Fixed an HTTP page rendering crash. This regression was introduced in 7.0.2 FP1. (TN# 1158774)
- +SPR# LKIM6YGS9P - HTML images are displayed as Red "x" symbols when accessing HTML messages. This regression was introduced in 7.0.2 FP1. (TN# 1255466)
- +SPR# PPET6TSS3A - Fixed an HTTP crash when accessing the DWA NamePicker using an iNotes6.ntf based mail file. There were no error messages displayed during the crash. This regression was introduced in 6.5.6 and 7.0.2. (TN# 1250241)
- +SPR# BRIS5TXQJU - Fixed an HTTP crash during image conversion under certain circumstances. This problem rarely occurs in 6.5x but code changes make it more likely in 7.0.2 FP1. Due to this, it is flagged a regression introduced in 7.0.2 FP1. (TN# 1158774)
- +SPR# MRSI6TUF6N - This fix prevents a crash which occurred when opening an encrypted calendar entry via Domino Web Access. This regression was introduced in 7.0.2. (TN# 1254016)
- SPR# BHAS5TW5EP - New Mail Notification popup brings Notes Client from background to foreground. This problem has been fixed and also includes the ability to display the window in a nonactivated state by using the Notes.ini variable "AlarmsTakeFocus=1", to reverse the behavior. (TN# 1113895)
- SPR# MKIA6L59YM - Fixed LotusScript function crash caused by DBCS string issue.
- SPR# CSMH6N6QBR - Fixed an issue that prevented folders with the same name in different parent folders, from displaying in the mail navigator. (TN# 1239383)
- +SPR# OOGE6YW7ZN - System spikes and client hangs opening a particular HTML message. This regression was introduced in 7.0.1.
- SPR# MIAS6PQLHS - Fixed a crash in the mail.box when two threads used the same block. To fix this problem, add the Notes.ini variable "Cache_Monitor_Formulas" to turn off caching. (TN# 1227246)
- +SPR# PPET6NQMES - Under certain circumstances, LDAP searches which rely on the FT Index may cause the Domino LDAP server to crash. This regression was introduced in 6.5.4. (TN# 1234657)
- +SPR# NORK6UFP5W - Fixed a crash which occurred after adding the Anonymous user to the usercache when the anonymous user was disabled at the port level. This regression was introduced in 7.0.2. (TN# 1249109)
- SPR# AHOE6PMQ63 - Fixed a possible Domino crash caused when evaluating the body of specific SMTP messages. (TN# 1266629)
- SPR# SKAI6QKHYF - In a low memory condition, allocvblock will return null which causes a problem for callers of osallocvblock. (TN# 1240082)
- SPR# THTO6YVTNJ - Error "PANIC: Invalid pool free chain" displayed during a server crash with DPOOL corruption. The crash occurred while processing a MIME message. (TN# 1256494)
- SPR# ADC6TET7N - Fixed nserver process crash and "PANIC: OSVBlockAddr: Bad VBlock handle (FFFF\0) resulting from low memory. (TN# 1240082)
- SPR# GRCE6HWR8X - Fixed a full text highlighting crash that may occur under low memory conditions.
- SPR# VPRS6XJSXD - This fix prevents fixup and statlog from crashing due to a corrupted database header. The database will not be fixed but rather it will be marked corrupt. The database will need to be recovered. (TN# 1253817)
- SPR# SVRO6YU2QY - This fix addresses multiple DST 2007 items for non-Windows servers, including outbound iCal off by 1 hour when MIME conversion is done by the server instead of the client. Release 6.5.6 and the Fix Pack release of this fix do not include the HTTP $Preferences component of the fix which requires translation.
Please see TN 1256819: "Daylight Saving Time (DST) 2007: Details on issues where Notes/Domino references old DST information if the operating system is not Windows" for more information.(TN# 1256236, 1256592, 1256819)
- SPR# MLUR6P9TAT - Additional stats/events were added to track updates to the NAB. Provided the ability to filter out clients that either directly or indirectly created activity on a directory database that would result in view rebuilds. Those rebuilds would have the side effect of causing a NAMELookup cache flush and creating a performance bottleneck on the server for all users. (TN# 1254752)